FOR A SURVEY PHONE 01803 859303 OR USE CONTACT FORM PRESS HERE.
All houses stand on damp soil. Rising damp happend when water from the ground rises up the house walls and normally evaproates above a few feet up. The walls act as a sponge. Penetrating damp is where rain comes in via the roof or through the walls and may rectified by a builder or roofer.
Wall paper loose
Dampness at the bottom of the walls only
Perished plaster breaking up
Salts on surface of walls
Rotten skirtings and rotting timber floors
Damp in summer as well as winter
Destruction of wallpaper & decorations
Ruining of clothes and shoes
Damp & smelly housing conditions
Asthma, dust mites - poor health.....
Rotting of structural timbers / skirtings
Encouragement of dry rot, wet rot, wood weevils, woodworm and death watch beetle
A qualified surveyor can normally distinguish between the different causes of dampness
Wrong diagnosis leads to un-necessary expense
Many damp proofing cowboys will try to carry out un-necessary work.
Dampco offer local professional surveys
Injection of permanent chemical damp proof courses
Tanking areas below ground level
Remove all perished plaster and replastering in a warm lightweight renovation plaster to dry wall out
Replace & treat damaged timbers - skirtings and wooden floors.
CHEMICALS Dampco is a member of the BWPDA and PCA so conforms to government legislation.
- We uphold the Control of Pesticides Act's basic principals
- Chemicals will only be handled by trained staff
- Care will be taken to contain spillages and ensure chemicals do not pollute the environment
- Chemicals will not be used without good cause
- Human health and safety are paramount
- Non chemical methods of treatment will be adopted wherever economically possible.