FOR A SURVEY PHONE 01803 859303 OR USE CONTACT FORM PRESS HERE.
Latin name - Anobium punctatum Common name - Furniture beetle.
FURNITURE BEETLE - furniture beetle is the most common house infestation and cuts flight holes 1-2mm diameter in slightly damp softwoods. Most often infestation is introduced by homeowners putting infested furniture into a roof or cellar - hence the common name.
EVIDENCE OF WOODWORM.
- Holes about 2-3mm diameter. Tunnels in timber which has been sanded.
- Weakness in timber. Poke a hole with bradawl to test the strength.
EVIDENCE OF ACTIVITY.
- Fresh granules or dust indicates activity as a mature beetle has recently emerged to lay eggs.
- The dead bodies of mature beetles in June – August – indicate breeding infestation.
NB. The larvae may eat timber for 3 years in timber before maturing in the adult beetle state
- Dampco is a member of the BWPDA and PCA so conforms to government legislation.
- We uphold the Control of Pesticides Act's basic principals
- Chemicals will only be handled by trained staff
- Care will be taken to contain spillages and ensure chemicals do not pollute the environment
- Chemicals will not be used without good cause
- Human health and safety are paramount
- Non chemical methods of treatment will be adopted wherever economically possible.